In today’s day and age I am forever noticing the lack of “boyfriend” in my life, to be honest I have never had a boyfriend and this has taught me so many things about myself, and also about how others feel about there permanently single friends.
- “your standards are too high” Now lets get one thing straight I don’t believe in love at first sight or any of that mumbojumbo but I’m not about to let someone penetrate me just because, I need to have some form of attraction to them otherwise you might as well sleep with everyone on the block, This also has nothing to do with looks, but for example i could think a guy is totally hot, then he pulls out a cigarette I instantly find that a major turn off. I guess what I’m getting at is just because I am single doesn’t mean i have to act like a desperate love rat!
- “this guy must be pulling the piss” I actually think that 90% of the time a guy might actually be hitting on me they are probably joking, I think this says more about how I personally perceive myself over how others see me, Or maybe its that is I see my love life as a joke #singlegirlproblems #whoneedaboyfriend
- “You must love doing what you want all the time” lets go with yes 85% of the time its nice to go home and cook what I want for dinner, poor myself into bed at 3am and not have to explain where I have been and who I’ve been with, but on the opposite side its had to get home at the end of the day and not have any one to tell how good or bad your day was, no one to come to your crossfit comp and cheer you on while your married team mates have there partners there snapping awesome work out photos or your loved up friends are dealing with there own issues to really listen to yours.
- “I don’t know why they are asking me?” As the token single girl in many of my social circles I always have a chuckle when my friends come to me for relationship advice, and all I can do is give them advice about how they might be feeling and why, But a lot of the time i have no idea what to suggest! So I will most of the time just lend them an ear and provide some looking from the out side in advice.
- “Maybe they find all your male friends intimidating” and so they should! But in all imperiousness, I could not date someone who wouldn’t allow me to hang with my guy buddies! major major major deal breaker!
I wouldn’t change anything in my life! Being single has lead me to so many great things, I have traveled to Japan solo, Europe and The States with 2 of my best friends, I have studied and run a small business, maybe one day someone will come along who compliments my lifestyle but until someone does I am quite content in life….85% of the time.